Apitron PDF Rasterizer is a .NET component that performs high-quality conversion from PDF file to an image.
It’s 100% managed, doesn’t require special manipulations to run with any .NET framework version starting from 2.0 and has simple and transparent royalty-free licensing model. Use you favourite .NET language, C#, VB.NET or other and create applications that require pdf processing.
Please read features section in order to get full description of its capabilities.
PDF versions supported
PDF standard versions supported are: ALL versions. Files can be normal, linearized, password-protected, signed etc.
We support rendering of the PDF content including:
- text(with embedded, externally linked, standard, simple and composite fonts)
- images, including masked ones
- annotation objects of various types
- complex paths and fills
- PDF Forms
- all blending modes
- tiling patterns
- shading patterns of type 1,2,3(function-based, axial, radial)
- transparency groups(especially useful when you process files created with Adobe Illustrator)
- masked content(stencil masks, colorkey masks, softmasks)
- all colorspaces specified by PDF(in case of DeviceN we revert to alternative as specified by standard)
- PDF bookmarks and page navigation support
- compatible with Windows 8, WindowsRT and Windows Phone 8, so you may create Windows Store and Windows Phone Store apps that require PDF processing
- compatible with MONO, you may use Xamarin and create apps for Mac OS X , iOS and Android using our component(see examples in our blog)
We provide conversion to all image formats supported by .NET framework via System.Drawing.Image class so you are able to export PDF files to BMP, JPG, PNG, TIFF etc. as well as work with this bitmap on the fly.
Raw color data export is also available, you may render page directly to byte array or integer array for further processing.
For Windows Store, Windows Phone and other application types where traditional image classes are not available, we provide you with ability to export to WritableBitmap objects and raw data mentioned above.
Key achievement of the current implementation is our rendering engine that is able to parallel some of the drawing operations and also supports advanced drawing operations defined by PDF standard.
File processing and parsing is also being done using all available processor cores so you application scales well when you add them.
We use continuous integration including automated testing environment that checks the component’s solidness daily and helps us to quickly track and fix bugs. Lots of tests were created in order to give you the most tested and quality tool for your business and this test base is growing. We even developed internal testing tools so our QA department is well-armed.